Nhsc Loan Repayment There are many of us , places, and organizations that require volunteers. Here are some tips for getting started:
* shop around your community and within the phone book to ascertain what programs are there. Call and ask if they have help.
* Visit your city or town website. it’s going to list volunteer opportunities in your community.
* Contact your local United Way, cultural arts association, student organization, or another association which will point you within the right direction.
* Ask your library, church or synagogue, and/or community colleges if they sponsor any volunteer groups.Typically, volunteers complete their commitments without the thought of receiving any extrinsic benefit for that employment .
There also are volunteer programs which will assist you buy college after you’ve got graduated.
* AmeriCorps: Upon successful completion of a term of service, members are eligible to receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award ranging in value from $1,000 to $4,725, which can be used only to pay college costs or to repay student loans. Americorps members can also be eligible for housing assistance or for a pro-rated part-time award if full-time service isn’t an option.
What Are The Requirements for NHSC Loan Repayment Program?
Surely, just like any other loan forgiveness program, the NHSC loan repayment program has some must-have requirements from its applicants. And not meeting these criteria will prevent you from qualifying for the NHSC loan repayment program.
- You have to be a US national or a US citizen
- You have to be a qualified provider in Medicaid, Medicare, and the Health Insurance Program of State Children
- You have to have adequate license and training to work at an NHSC qualified mental or dental/behavioral health field and primary medical care.
- You have to have student loans that are unpaid. Note that these loans should have been taken before the date you apply for NHSC. Also, you have to use those loans to pay for the educational program relevant to the primary care field you are planning to work on
- You have to be operating at or have gotten a job offer to begin employment at a service place approved by NHSC
On top of the requirements presented above, ensure that you are working in a discipline that is eligible for NHSC for the NHSC LRP program
What Are Qualified Primary Care Disciplines and Specialties?
In order to be eligible for the NHSC program, you must be trained and licensed in one of the disciplines or specialties below.
- Dental Primary Care
- Doctors of Dental Surgery
- Medical Primary Care
- Nurse Practitioners, Osteopathic and Allopathic Physicians, Certified Nurse-Midwives, Physician Assistants.
- Behavioral and Mental Healthcare
- Licensed Osteopathic and Allopathic Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Health Service Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Psychiatric Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, Licensed Counselors, and Therapists.
Once you make sure that licensing and training requirements, as well as, general qualification requirements are in place for your case, you should then ensure your loans also qualify for this program.